Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February 18th, 2008 - Spring, Robin, Slug, Moochbug, Mole and Earthworm

Monday is Nature-Celebration-Day! Spring is on it's way, at some places a bit more than at others.

For Miss Doodle, the surface of the earth is like nature's penthouse appartment.

She peeps into the nests where Mr. and Mrs. Robin are already busy feeding their 4 daughters and 2 sons. Each time the parents come home with a worm, loud chirping greets them.

Meanwhile, on the 2nd floor, Monsieur Taupe is bery busy cleaning his house. He cleans his house every night, and in the morning puts the garbage out.

Ms Arionidae Slug lives also in the penthouse (please imagine her on top of the page:).
Ms Slug's garden is very big, so she employs a gardener who's name is Cris. The gardener is very friendly but he doesn't like Ms Slug to smear the patches which he prepared so nicely.

Ms Slug drools at the sight of the young fresh sprouts and bulbs which begin to grow everywhere.

On the first floor the family Earthworm is getting ready to surface because they can feel the rain coming and in the basement the Moochbug is polishing his antennaes.




Copyrights ©estandrea - All rights reserved

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so enjoying following the adventures of Miss Doodle!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

What an honor to help inspire Miss Doodles day. I love it. Where's the snail peeking around the blade? Maybe it IS the slugs doing the peeking after all. LOL

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

BTW Miss Doodle I AM SO READY for Spring to come too.

Unknown said...

Cris, I don't know why I transformed the snail into a slug - I guess it's because I believe slugs are more peeking and sneeking than snails...LOL and I really think slugs are greedy (they eat each other, too, don't they?) ... oh those perfisious slugs!

Mary Richmond said...

These are so much fun! Are you putting together a book? I think I would put a copyright reminder in each post....

Andrea and Kim said...

Miss Doodle! You have not only incredible creativity, but are additionally highly educated. My goodness you should be helping little children understand the natural world. Were you a teacher in your last life?

I do not think you will ever stop amazing me!

As always I do thank you so much for sharing your beautiful days with me.

sukipoet said...

A wonderful picture of the apartment below the ground. I have never heard of a taupe. But annie had a photo of an earthworm on her blog today. Guess worms must be on people's minds!

sukipoet said...

OK dummy me. M. Taupe is the mole. a delightful drawing, Miss Doodle.

Unknown said...

Dear blogfriends, Miss Doodle's life is inspired by all of you and your work and words! Miss "D" sends you all her love,
Andrea (Secretary to Miss Doodle)

Suki:) LOL about Mister Mole:)

human being said...

I love this underground apartment and the tiny creatures living in it. Miss Doodle, you've got a kind heart and sharp eyes to discover these new neighbors.

Unknown said...

I find it very funny that noboddy is asking me what a moochbug is:)
LOL! Miss Doodle loves to discover new species:)

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

OK I bite.. What IS a Moochbug?? lol

Unknown said...

Cris, the problem is that I don't know and thought you might?
This episode of Miss Doodle in nature's penthouse has been drawn in the presence of two little friends, girls of 5 and 8 years old, they "comissioned" the animals (there will be another post coming with zoo-animals, also "ordered" by the two little ones.

So, the last animal was drawn not by me but by one of the sisters and she said it was a monster when it didn't turn out nice enough, she lost interest and went away...

And I didn't want a monster in my drawing so I called him Moochbug.:)

Andrea and Kim said...

Ah Ha Andrea! I knew you were entertaining little ones! Your imagination is a fresh as theirs! Okay, okay, I have a very soft spot in my heart for the very young and the very old! I love everyone between there, too!

I think collaborative art is fabulous and when you can work with children it is all the more exciting.

human being said...

I thought you gave it this name because this bug is always mooching!(getting things by begging!)

Unknown said...

Kim, yes I was entertaining little ones, you sure can say that, in the end I had lilac flu-infected lipstick everywhere in my face, and bruises, because I served as a punching ball! Thank God I got home without any further harm:)

Unknown said...

Human Being, I thank you very much, not only have you given me a knew word (normally I always look into the dictionnary but this time I didn't because I thought I had made this word up:) LOL!

Thanks for giving this little bug his right place in the insect world!